The Post is in Partnership with WeddingWire.com. All opinions are my own.
Ah, it’s that time of year, the time to set goals and resolutions for the year. I haven’t share any resolutions for a while, to be honest, I was a little down on them. I don’t love the idea of something so concrete as a resolution either. I’ve put together some New Years Resolution Ideas for B & I for this year that I think are great for any couple, but especially couples planning a wedding. It is so easy to get caught up in the mix of planning and stress. My goal is to step back and remind myself of these 5 things. Let me know what you think. What are your New Years Resolution ideas?
- Be Present. Be in the moment, like I said, it’s so easy to get wrapping up in planning a stress, don’t forget to be an engaged couple and enjoy being engaged. It’s not usually a long time period, so love those moments too. Take time to go on a date and don’t talk about weddings or plans. Just be a couple and enjoy each other’s presence.
- Hold Each Other Accountable. Many Brides (and sometimes Grooms) have goals for health or fitness when it comes to the Big Day. When you work together and hold each other accountable this is so much easier. You are each other’s best cheerleaders! This can also be great for check lists, help each other out with tasks and hold the other accountable to complete the tasks.
- Be Honest. There is so much that goes into wedding planning and building a life together. Be honest with each other about if you love or hate something, and also about how you’re feeling. There is nothing worst than pent up anger or frustration. The little things can add up so open up about your feelings.
- Take Your Time. Don’t be afraid to slow down, take time off, or unplug. Time flies always flies, so like above, time your time and be present.
- Let it Go. This one may be the toughest one yet. Let things go. Whether you didn’t book the caterer you wanted or your invites are more expensive that you wanted, let. it. go. Things have a way of working themselves out and it’s going to be OK. For this one, I know I’ll be leaning on B. He’s much better at letting things go than I am.
Pin the image below as your little reminder of these resolutions!
Cheers to 2018!