This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, INC. and The Coca-Cola Company, all opinions are mine alone. #InspiredHydration #CollectiveBias
If you’ve been here for a little while, you know that B & I are recently engaged, if you’re new, you can read about it here. We are slowing beginning to plan our wedding and think more about Engagement Photos, and wedding photos for that matter! While I’m not sure we will be doing super formal photos, I want to be looking and feeling my best. Today, I’ll be sharing some tips on how I’m preparing for our photos from beauty to style and locations.
Tips to Prepare for Engagement Photos
- Think about your Skin & Stay Hydrated. Hydration is so important to our overall heath and our skin! Remember Skin is an organ too and needs proper hydration. According to some of the research I’ve found, water can be so helpful so anti-ageing. Water can also flush out our systems, if you know what I mean, and keep our bodies rid of toxins. I love to pick up bottles of smartwater® to keep me feeling good. It’s easy to grab and go on my busiest days. The vapor distilled smartwater tastes pure & crisp. You can even bring your smartwater the day of your shoot!
- Smile Bright. I know this one might seem obvious, but I’m working on whitening my teeth so show off my best smile. There are so many options from dentist treatments to at home kits.
- Test your make up and hair. Again, might seem obvious, but trial and error my friends. Try on your make-up and hair with your outfit to make sure it looks right together. Even snap and few selfies to make sure you like how it looks in photos.
- Stage your Looks. Take some time to layout your look and your significant other’s look together. Try them on together at home or lay them out on a bed. You want to make sure you’re coordinated, but not to matchy-matchy.
- Prep Your Location. You might think that this is all up the photographer, but your location can do a few things. It sets the tone for your photos. We will be choosing somewhere that means something to us, likely near the lake.
What are you tips to prepare for engagement photos? Or any photos? I’d love to hear from you!
P.S. You can find smartwater 6 packs in the Spring section or the water aisle of your local Target!